Although many people may already have received Nicole Johnston's newsletter of 17th July 2014 raising concerns about current development proposals, I thought it would be useful to post (with her permission) material that she had provided in the newsletter that is of serious concern about proposals - all of which exceed allowable limits (see below in italics):
I am extremely concerned about the prolific number of non-compliant developments and am I objecting to them as your local Councillor. Our district has a unique character and liveability that we all value and I do not want to see this destroyed by inappropriate development.
I list all local development applications on my website and am happy to help residents to prepare submissions where they are concerned about any proposals.
New proposals include:
- 510-512 Oxley Road, Sherwood - 6 storey - 38 units;
- 62 Primrose Street, Sherwood - 6 storey - 28 units;
- 52 Mayhew Street, Sherwood - 6 storey - 31 units;
- 535 Oxley Road, Sherwood - 6 storey 20 units;and
- 32 Primrose Street, Sherwood - 3 storey - 24 units.
Ongoing DAs include:
- 20 Primrose Street, Sherwood - 24 units;
- 73 Primrose Street, Sherwood - 16 units;
- 586 Sherwood Road, Sherwood - 12 units;
- 564 Sherwood Road, Sherwood - 14 units;
- 508 Sherwood Road, Sherwood - 15 units;
- 14 Hood Street, Sherwood - 52 units;
- 60 Hood Street, Sherwood - 9 units;
- 600 Sherwood Road, Sherwood (commercial);and
- 719 - 721 Oxley Road, Corinda - 38 units.
More information is available on www.nicolejohnston.com.au (including recent newsletters with more detail).